Kraftwerk - Autobahn




I'm watching the Tour de France and had the urge to listen to Kraftwerk's Tour de France tune. I think back to the time I first heard them. It was around 1978 and my father had the Autobahn album. He put it on and I was mesmerized. This was like nothing I had heard before. My father explained that they used computers to create the music and it fascinated me that they could create this sort of music without actual musical instruments. but realized that this freed them to create any sounds they wanted.

Autobahn is an excellent album that I regularly pull out and listen to on my commute and it always seems appropriate. I could not find the original album track, this is a remixed version, but just as good. So sit back and enjoy today's Hump Day Retro Closet track and imagine driving 160 KPH on the Autobahn and still getting passed by a little old lady driving an old VW.

0 comments:

Please feel free to comment

Please post a comment if you have time. You can describe why you like or dislike a song or the artist. But, whatever you do, please be civil. No one is wrong for liking something. Show respect.

Also, if a link or playback is broken, please comment so I know and can fix it.

Thanks.

Also, be sure to check out my blog: Strive On With Diligence

Contributors

Sponsors

Please click on the links and support new artists: Derek Jordan Listen and download songs from his site.
Mobley - Check out their new disc "the 2/3 EP"

Hoi Polloi Music © 2008. Blog design by Randomness